Face Primer: A Must-Have for Flawless Makeup
Primers are yet to attain the superhero status that they deserve. Some even consider it a superfluous step in the makeup routine. However, if anything can help your makeup last longer, it’s the clever primer. No matter how costly and fantastic your foundation and concealer are, they are useless without a primer (yep, we said it). For those unfamiliar, primer is a base product that allows the rest of your face makeup to glide smoothly while keeping your makeup intact after multiple board meetings and several rounds of after-work cocktails.
In a nutshell, primer makeup can assist your makeup stay in place even in adverse weather conditions. What else? The latest formulas have pore blurring, anti-ageing, skin brightening, moisturising properties, and a light texture that makes you feel like you’re not wearing anything at all. Are you still trying to convince yourself? Let’s start by discussing face primer and how to apply it flawlessly in case you are new to it.
What are the Advantages of Applying a Face Primer?
Face primers are the most diverse, with a primer for every skin type and issue.
- Illuminating Primers: Some primers contain sparkling particles that add radiance to your complexion. These products are ideal for adding radiance to your foundation base and may also be worn alone.
- Mattifying Primers: A mattifying primer may be beneficial if you have oily skin. This primer for oily skin aids in the reduction of shine and the control of sebum.
- Colour-Correcting Primers: Tinted primers can cover discolourations like red, ashen, or sallow skin.
- Hydrating Primers: If you have parched skin, use a hydrating primer to offer an extra layer of moisture.
- Pore-Minimising Primers: If you have got large pores and uneven skin tone, use a primer to gently reduce the appearance of wrinkles of pores and allow your makeup to apply evenly.
How Do You Apply Makeup Primer?
Now that you understand how primer works, you will find how to use it correctly and incorporate it into your everyday makeup routine. You all will not regret this!
- First and foremost. You should always apply primer after your CTM regimen and before your makeup. Always!
- Applying primer with your fingertips is best since it lets you work the product into your skin properly. One can use a brush to apply it to smaller and more targeted areas (such as your eyelids).
- Apply it smoothly and without creases by using a small amount (a little goes a long way) and blending it outward from the centre of your face.
- Allow it to dry for a full minute before wearing a foundation.
- After that, proceed with your usual makeup regimen. It’s that simple.
The best primer for all skin types
Best Primer for Dry Skin
The best makeup primer for dry skin is one that is extremely moisturising and nourishing, keeping your skin plump and flake-free all day. Also, because dry skin is prone to dullness and excessive dry patches, look for a lotion with emollient components that help hydrate and brighten your skin tone. Finally, avoid facial primers for dry skin with sparkly particles since they tend to exaggerate the dryness. Instead, go for a cream primer.
Top Pick: Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer, SUGAR Aquaholic Priming Moisturizer
Best Primer for Oily Skin
Oily skin usually has visible open pores (particularly near the T-Zone) and abundant oil, which causes your makeup to slide right off. That is also why people with oily skin use primers the most; it creates a protective barrier between your skin and foundation, allowing your makeup to last longer. So what is the finest makeup primer for oily skin? First, you require a solution that minimises your pores and provides a matte finish. You earn brownie points for selecting foundation primer with Salicylic Acid (for acne-prone skin).
Top Pick: Maybelline New York Fit me Primer Matte + Poreless, Chambor Anti Shine Primer
Best Primer for Combination Skin
You probably have combination skin if you have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone. Although there is no optimal primer for this skin type, you can apply an oily skin primer on your T-zone and a hydrating primer on the dry parts. Simple enough!
Top Pick: Faces Canada Ultime Pro HD Ace Of Base Radiance Face Primer Beige, L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
To begin with, understand your skin type. Then, select the primer that meets your specific requirements. Finally, keep in mind that a face primer is your go-to product. It is simply necessary for that long-lasting smooth, and flawless appearance. So choose the best face primer for your skin type and tone, and you’ll be ready to stand out in the crowd. So hurry up and get your favourites from Health & Glow!