It is informational and only show the record of products past, present and future. Get our free widgets Add the power of Cambridge Dictionary to your web site using our free search box widgets. We can take off the hat of the imperious decisionmaker with the ethical imperative to protect life at almost any price. Another young man in the wider semicircle wore a baseball hat. Settlers and colonial officers usually associated hat sporting with insolence.
After the maids had hatted and gloved the girls, the carriage was summoned and I was carted round one church after one other. A student who is also the son of a nobleman (and so allowed to put on a hat as an alternative of a mortarboard). There was a neat hat-and-umbrella stand, and the stranger’s weary feet fell soft on a good, serviceable darkish-red drugget, which matched in color the flock-paper on the partitions.
She went to put on her hat and cloak, and presently they have been on the street. It made Andrew suppose, foolishly enough, of someone tipping a hat. As somebody who has liked the Frakta bag all her life, I was so excited to seek out this hat at my native Ikea.
- Philip Treacy OBE is an award-profitable Irish milliner whose hats have been commissioned by top designers and worn at royal weddings.
- In North America, the properly-recognized cowboy-hat manufacturer Stetson made the headgear for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Texas Rangers.
- In the late 20th century, museums credited London-primarily based David Shilling with reinventing hats worldwide.
- Notable Belgian hat designers are Elvis Pompilio and Fabienne Delvigne (Royal warrant of appointment holder), whose hats are worn by European royals.
- John Cavanagh was one of the notable American hatters.
- Another was Sharp & Davis of 6 Fish Street Hill.
The word in the example sentence doesn’t match the entry word. Add hat to considered one of your lists under, or create a brand new one. The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. was jammed on to his head and had been nearly smashed within the jamming. His friends are urging him to throw his hat within the ring.
It shows a person carrying a distinctive broad-brimmed hat, seated on a rock beneath a tree and looking on the cave entrance. And then um the boy with the pears provides the boy who just gave him his hat um three pears to divide among his associates. It was foolish of you to go out within the sizzling sun with no hat. More examples Hang your coat and hat on the rack over there.
Fashionable Designer Hats
The lodge members passed the hat to send underprivileged children to summer camp. DisclaimerAll content on this web site, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and different reference information is for informational functions only. English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. take one’s hat off to to admire (someone) for doing one thing.